Assistant Strategist & Researcher (Contract)
Opportunity will be Three months with a chance for a long-term extension.
Provoke Insights operates on a hybrid schedule. The applicant will report to our Ridgewood, NJ office 3 days per week; the other 2 days will be virtual.
We are looking for a motivated strategy & research analyst who is interested in learning how to do superior research in the branding and advertising field. You need to be naturally curious and have a passion for learning. Critical aspects of this position are excellent communication, critical thinking, and writing skills to work with a diverse group of clients. The applicant needs to be organized and flexible to work on multiple projects. What’s exciting about the role is it gives you hands on experience in quantitative, qualitative, and secondary research methodologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Program surveys online using our survey tool
- Test survey links (and check for grammar & logic errors)
- Manage the fielding process including launching sample, monitoring fielding, watching sample quotas, and cleaning data
- Upload, organize, and analyze data in our crosstab software
- Assist in report development including developing charts and tables in Excel and PowerPoint and writing conclusions about the data.
- Help with technology and take notes during interviews/groups
- Write high level conclusions of each session
- Analysis of transcripts
- Using databases search and organize information to help solve business objectives
- Develop charts/tables for reports, as well create high-level conclusions for the findings
- Take detailed notes during meetings
- Be a critical thinker with the ability to solve issues
- Very strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Must Have Qualities
- 1-year relevant work experience/internship
- Intellectually curious with the ability to engage in critical thinking
- Amazing writing skills
- Detailed oriented
- Problem solver
- Strong work ethic
- A strong understanding of quantitative, qualitative, and secondary research
- Bachelor’s degree required
- As we are a boutique firm, the applicant needs to be eager to be part of a close-knit team
About Provoke Insights
Provoke Insights is a full-service global research firm specializing in branding, advertising, and content marketing initiatives. Using innovative and traditional techniques, Provoke Insights uses quantitative, qualitative, and secondary research methodologies to solve business objectives Founded on the premise that research should better align with marketers’ needs, Provoke Insights’ innovative approach empowers brands to navigate through today’s cluttered marketing space. What makes the agency unique is that the market researchers also have many years of experience in the advertising research and brand strategy space, resulting in creative and impactful solutions relevant today and feasible for the future.