Assistant Strategist & Researcher (Contract)
The opportunity will be three months with a chance for a long-term extension.
Location: Ridgewood, NJ & Hybrid
We are looking for a motivated strategy & research analyst interested in learning how to do superior research in the branding and advertising field. You need to be naturally curious and have a passion for learning. Critical aspects of this position are excellent communication, critical thinking, and writing skills to work with a diverse group of clients. The applicant needs to be organized and flexible to work on multiple projects. What’s exciting about the role is it gives you hands-on experience in quantitative and qualitative projects across many different industries, including tourism, technology, CPG, media, and retail. Consider joining this awesome team of research nerds! 😁
Provoke Insights operates on a hybrid schedule. The applicant will work 3 days in our downtown Ridgewood, NJ office, and 2 days virtually. The office is across from the train station with easy access from Hoboken and Jersey City.
What You’ll Do:
- Program surveys online using our survey tool
- Test survey links (and check for grammar & logic errors)
- Manage the fielding process, including launching sample, monitoring fielding, watching sample quotas, and cleaning data
- Upload, organize, and analyze data in our crosstab software
- Assist in report development, including developing charts and tables in Excel and PowerPoint and writing conclusions about the data.
- Help with technology and take notes during interviews/groups
- Write high-level conclusions for each session
- Analysis of transcripts
- Take detailed notes during meetings
- Be a critical thinker with the ability to solve issues
- Very strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Minimum 1-year relevant work experience/internship
- Project management
- Intellectually curious with the ability to engage in critical thinking
- Amazing writing skills
- Detailed-oriented, with the ability to manage the administrative tasks for multiple projects
- Problem solver
- Strong work ethic
- A strong understanding of quantitative, qualitative, and secondary research
- Bachelor’s degree required
- As we are a boutique firm, the applicant needs to be eager to be part of a close-knit team
About Provoke Insights
Provoke Insights is a full-service global research firm specializing in branding, advertising, and content marketing initiatives. Using innovative and traditional techniques, Provoke Insights uses quantitative, qualitative, and secondary research methodologies to solve business objectives Founded on the premise that research should better align with marketers’ needs, Provoke Insights’ innovative approach empowers brands to navigate through today’s cluttered marketing space. What makes the agency unique is that the market researchers also have many years of experience in advertising research and brand strategy, resulting in creative and impactful solutions that are relevant today and feasible for the future.